STEP Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition is $330 per credit hour or $3300 per year. We encourage congregations and districts to help cover tuition costs for their pastors and ministry leaders.
How can I pay for STEP?
LMC Leadership Education Grant and Urban Education Assistance Fund
Lancaster Mennonite Conference provides scholarship funds to support credentialed and emerging leaders with tuition costs and/or educational materials for leadership education and training.
- LEG Application deadlines: September 30, January 31, May 31,
Awards generally range from $100-$500, limit two per year per applicant.
- Urban Education Assistance deadline is July 1.
For more information visit our website LMC, or call LMC at 717-293-5246 × 112.
MC USA Charlotte Holsopple Glick Pastoral Leadership matching grants and loans
Available for conference ministers, bi-vocational pastors, people exploring ministry for the first time; priority given to female applicants
- Grants and loans are primarily for people in Mennonite Church schools/programs
the maximum grant amount is $250; the maximum loan amount is $500
- Application deadlines: February 1, September 1
EMM Church Investment Loan Fund
Eastern Mennonite Missions will provide loans to congregations that can be used to cover STEP tuition costs
- Application deadlines: January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1
- If you have questions, contact EMM at 717-898-2251
TMS Tuition Management Systems
Eastern Mennonite University has contracted with TMS to process Checking or Savings Account payments and Credit Card payments
- Credit Card Payment Fees apply
- Contact EMU at Lancaster for more information at 717-397-5190
Conference and church wide resources
Leadership development grants are available through Mennonite Church USA conferences and the Mennonite Education Agency.