2015 Preaching Institute
Preaching Together: Experimental and Missional Proclamation in Community
This course invites congregations, leaders and pastors to reinterpret the role of the sermon and the proclamation of the Good News in the gathered community. This will occur through a reflective-action process for equipping pastors and leaders toward multi-vocal congregations that proclaim the Good News with grace and truth.
Steve Kriss and others
Biblical Seminary, 200 North Main Street, Hatfield, PA 19440
Saturdays, 8:30am-4:30pm, March 28, April 18, May 9, June 13, 2015.
- A Cohort: Join a group for four months of engagement and experimentation.
- Teaching: Participate in three intensive sessions of instruction and discussion.
- Themes & Speakers
– Preaching the Story with Mark Wenger – Mar 28
– Preaching Foundations in Missional Community with Sue Conrad Howes – Apr 18
– Preaching in Postmodernity with Miguel Lau – May 9
- Practice and Reflection: Each student and congregation will experiment four times and reflect on those experiences through conversation and journaling.
- Interaction with Stuart Murray Williams.
– Read the Power of Many by Murray Williams
– Interact with author in four 1-hour Webinars.
- Preaching Festival – June 14
• Two credits or Participation Audit
– One additional hour of credit available with an extensive Directed Study
Tuition: $423 per credit hour
Participation Audit: $450
Technology Fee: $40