Gateway Courses are a series of four courses designed especially for pastors called to Mennonite congregations who do not have Anabaptist background and training. Many pastors are asked to take these courses as an expectation with being licensed or ordained. The courses are offered by Eastern Mennonite University in collaboration with Mennonite Conferences in southeastern Pennsylvania and can be taken for graduate credit or for non-credit.
One course will be offered each semester on a two-year cycle:
- Bible Survey and Anabaptist Hermeneutics
- Anabaptist Mission and Peace
- Anabaptist Leadership, Polity and Effectiveness
- Anabaptist History and Theology
Tuition: $437 per credit hour
Audit: $90 per credit hour
Technology fee: $50 per semester
Textbooks not included.
=Core degree requirement.
Inquire about financial aid and church matching grants
CM 643L Missio Dei in Cultural Context (3 credits) =Core degree requirement.
(Gateway: Anabaptist Mission & Peace)
This basic missions course calls and equips students to join in the drama of God’s mission in the world as ambassadors of the work and teaching of Jesus Christ.
Schedule: Fri.-Sat. sessions, 9:00am-5:00pm, Sept. 29-30; Oct. 27-28; Dec. 1-2
Location: Conestoga Mennonite Church, Morgantown, Pa.
Instructor: Emily Ralph Servant, PhD cand.
Spring Preview: 2017
- Christian Tradition 2 – Tuesday evenings
- Interpreting the Biblical Text Thursday evenings
- 1 & 2 Kings [OT Book Study] Fri.-Sat. sessions
- Pacifism, Justice and Hope – Fri.-Sat. sessions
- Introduction to Leadership Coaching* – Hybrid with Fri.-Sat. sessions
- Mennonite Faith & Polity [Gateway: Anabaptist Leadership & Polity] – Fri.-Sat. sessions