Continuing Education and Expert Speaker Series
We provide a context for mental health service providers to earn the continuing education hours necessary for license renewal. Workshops are scheduled in response to the needs voiced by local professionals seeking further training. We attempt to offer an ethics training each year as well as hosting various speakers with expertise in an area that educates on current trends and research, enriches clinical practice and fosters creative application of knowledge to mental health service provision. Our expert speakers series offers clinicians and interested professionals the opportunity to work with master practitioners.
The Institute for Experiential Therapies hosts experts in their field to train and educate in an experiential way. Workshops are also hosted by the Institute that offer trainings for community leaders and service providers outside of the mental health field. Most programs provide continuing education hours for professionals. (NBCC #4488).
2018-2019 Continuing Education Trainings
To be announced
The MA in Counseling program is an NBCC -Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC – approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
Need a place to stay while training with us? Check out our hotel guide.
Past Trainings Presenters or Topics
- 10 Ethically Important Distinctions presented by Mary Alice Fisher, Ph.D, The Center for Ethical Practice - 2018
- Addictions Symposium facilitated by Christine Spilman, LPC, CSAC, Tara Langston, LPC, CSAC, Nate Koser, PhD, LPC, and Richard Wettstone, EdD, LPC, LMFT - 2018
- Expressive Arts Series “Altered Books as an Expressive Arts Platform for Work with Anxiety” facilitated by Cherée Hammond, PhD, Mert Brubaker, MA, Rebecca Peifer, MA – 2017
- Circle of Security-Informed 4 day Training, Dr. Bob Marvin, Director, Mary Ainsworth Attachment Clinic – 2017
- Clinical Supervision: Theory, Practice and Logistics, Facilitated by Dr. Teresa Haase w/Dr. Cheree Hammond – 2016
- Co-hosted, CVCA Fall Workshop "Recognizing the Ethical Challenges In Your Own Setting " presented by Mary Alice Fisher, Ph.D, The Center for Ethical Practice – 2016
- Evening of Discussion with Dr. Bob Marvin and Dr. Nate Koser – 2016
- Dan Goleman – 2016
- Mindfulness, Supervision, and Jacques Lacan – 2015
- Michelle Wade (ACA ethics specialist) – 2014
- David Whyte – 2014
- Dan Hughes – 2013
- Erin Martz (ACA ethics specialist) – 2013
- Sue Johnson, Ed.D – 2011