Theater Auditions - ARMS AND THE MAN by Shaw
When Monday January 21, 2013 @ 6:00 PM (925 days ago)
Where University Commons, MainStage Theater
Duration 4 hours
Be a part of EMU Theater’s Spring Production of the classic anti-war comedy Arms and the Man by George Bernard Shaw.
As a young lady awaits the return of her heroic fiancé from war, a disheveled soldier sneaks into her bedroom fleeing the fight. Finding his simplicity more alluring than her fiancé’s arrogant posturing, she’s faced with singling out the real man for her. Will it be the “accidental hero” who is more toy than soldier? Or the pragmatic “coward” who comes armed with chocolates instead of bullets? Crackling with wit, irony and charm, Shaw’s romantic comedy pokes fun at the dangers of bravado in battle and idealistic notions of love.
This play is directed by Guest Director Andrea Andresakis. Her work on this production is partially funded by a grant from the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society. Andrea is a freelance professional director based in New York City.
Auditions will be Monday, January 21 beginning at 6pm and Tuesday, January 22nd from 5-7pm in the MainStage Theater.
- Auditions are open to all EMU students. Read the script online at http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3618.
- Sign up for an audition time in the Arts Suite in the University Commons or come to auditions to claim a time.
- Prepared monologues are welcome and there will be readings available at auditions. The director says “I like to see something that they’ve memorized, which they can commit to emotionally (even if it’s 3 sentences of a poem or newspaper article).” A favorite Bible verse is a good option.
- If you have any questions, please email them to .
- Callbacks will be held Tuesday, Jan. 22nd beginning at 8pm.
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, February 11th.
- Show opens March 22nd and closes April 6th.
Interested in helping out “backstage”? Sound designer needed. Also costume crew, lighting crew, and building/set crew needed.
Intended Audience General Public
Name Theater Dept
Phone # 540.432.4360