- Complete the DS-11 form available on site.
- Present proof of U.S. citizenship. In many cases, this is a birth certificate. You can obtain copies in the U.S. through the health department or department of vital records in the county where you were born, or request a copy online here .
- Present proof of identity. A driver’s license is acceptable.
- Provide two identical color passport pictures. These are available on campus through Learning Resources (Help Desk on ground floor of Hartzler Library).
- Pay the appropriate cost. For adults, this is a total of $135.
See the Dept. of State’s page for passport application forms and more detailed directions. For cross-cultural trips where visas are required, this process needs to begin earlier. Faculty leaders will provide visa instructions when required. The cost of a passport and other related expenses (photos, birth certificate, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
Passport Photos can be obtained on the EMU campus at the Help desk, in Hartzler Library.
Already have a passport? Make sure your passport will be valid beyond the duration of your trip. If you need to renew, you will need to send the following items to National Passport Processing:
- your most recent passport
- a completed DS-82 Application form
- two new identical passport photos
- $110 processing fee
- if you were a minor when your current passport was issued, you will need to apply in person