Prepare for leadership roles in reforming criminal-legal systems and advancing creative approaches to justice and healing. Learn theory and practice to redress harm, create systems of participatory truth-telling and change oppressive structures in order to prevent future harm.
Online Options for 2021-22
CJP will be offering a mix of hybrid and online courses in order to keep all students, faculty, and staff safe. Please consult with the CJP registrar to put together a schedule that meets your academic and health/safety needs.
Master of Arts Core (15 SH)
- Foundations 1 sequence
- PAX 533 Analysis: Understanding Conflict (3 SH)
- PAX 532 Formation for Peacebuilding Practice (3 SH)
- Foundations 2 sequence
- PAX 635 Global Challenges, Local Struggles and Transnational Solidarities (3 SH)
- One elective course from an approved list of courses (3 SH)
- PAX 535 Research Methods for Social Change (3 SH)
Restorative Justice Required Courses (9 SH)
- PAX 571 Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories & Applications (3 SH)
- PAX 676 Restorative Justice Practices (3 SH)
- PAX 677 Restorative Justice and Whole System Approaches (3 SH)
Electives (12-15 SH)
- Additional skills courses, other PAX courses [See courses offered now], or other courses decided with your faculty advisor based on your interests and goals. CJP’s annual Summer Peacebuilding Institute is also an excellent opportunity to pick up interesting elective courses taught by practitioner experts.
Practicum (6-9 SH)
CJP accepts one student petition per year to complete PAX 683 Thesis in lieu of PAX 682 Practicum