Liberal Arts Major
Liberal Arts and Business to Higher Education
Joshua Lomas '15 majors in liberal arts with a concentration in business. Now he is a graduate student in the Master's of Education in Higher Education and Student Affairs program at Kutztown University.
Liberal Arts to Oprah to tech start-ups
After graduation Jeff Boodie '07 landed a job with 'O, The Oprah Magazine.' Now he helps connect restaurant and retail employers with potential employees, through his tech startup JobSnap.
The liberal arts major at EMU gives you the maximum amount of flexibility to shape a degree to fit your own interests and career goals. By combining study in various disciplines a liberal arts degree is an ideal option if you are creative, ambitious and want to study the interconnections between various disciplines.
Wondering if liberal arts is right for you?
This major works for you if you:
- know where you want to go but want to get there in your own way
- have summer jobs or internships that establish experience on your resume
- define yourself through unique personal attributes rather than depending on a college major for identity
- are more concerned with ideas, concepts and thought processes than with products, services and day-to-day operations.
- have chosen to delay a career decision, opting to experience education before focusing on a vocation.
Liberal arts is also a popular choice for those who will enter the elementary education sequence because of the opportunity to learn about a wide range of subjects.