- Women for Women International : Women for Women International supports women in war-torn regions with financial and emotional aid, job-skills training, rights education and small business assistance so they can rebuild their lives.
- WATER: Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethic, and Ritual : At WATER, interns are integrated into the all-women staff of this feminist theology organization. Interns can expect to help organize events, maintain the WATER website, work in the largest library of women’s theology texts in the world, and create lasting relationships with the co-founders, volunteers, and interns.
- The Women’s Collective Interns assist with all aspects of programming at this resource center for women with HIV. TWC provides HIV care management, HIV prevention services, and policy and advocacy. Interns at TWC help with intake, group meetings and social events for women with HIV/AIDS, the food and clothing resource rooms, and even case work, for students with a background in Social Work.
- DC Rape Crisis Center Interns may help to lead young women’s groups and present in schools on dating violence and sexual assault, event planning for awareness and educational events, answering the sexual assault hotline (which includes training), updating educational materials, and other administrative tasks.
Advocacy & Research
- Institute for Women’s Policy Research
- Center for Women Policy Studies
- National Organization for Women
- Church Women United
- Sewall-Belmont House – Museum of Women’s Suffrage and the National Women’s Party
- National Museum for Women in the Arts
Health & Social Services for Women
- Mary’s Center Clinic for Maternal and Child Care
- N Street Village Women’s Shelter
- My Sister’s Place
- YWCA – Promoting awareness and action on social justice issues in the community, particularly racism and violence against women
Search the website below for organizations based in Washington, DC: