Philosophy & Theology
- The Servant-Leadership School – This site seeks interns to help organize the Servant-Leadership classes, speaker series, and community dinners. This organization, which stems from the Church of the Savior, focuses on themes of justice, poverty and hunger, and equality.
- Faith & Politics Institute – This organization has served hundreds of members of Congress and congressional staff by offering experiential pilgrimages, reflection groups, retreats and public forums. Spring semester students have the opportunity to accompany members of Congress on a “pilgrimage” to historic sites from the Civil Rights Movement in Alabama. (Summer and fall students are also welcome to apply.)
- Interfaith Voices – Join “the nation’s leading religion news magazine on public radio” by working at this award-winning radio show. Born out of a multifaith panel assembled for a call-in show following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, this organization brings together spokespeople from many faiths to reflect on current events. You will have the opportunity to offer story ideas, research current events related to religion, contact guests for the show, schedule interviews, and conduct pre-interviews.
- Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual – WATER offers interns the chance to interact with leaders in feminist theology through setting up teleconferences and organizing gatherings at this interfaith non-profit. Students can also expect to help with the website and help to maintain one of the largest libraries of feminist theology in the world.
- World Vision
- Interfaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington
- WATER: Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethic, and Ritual
- Sojourner’s Magazine
- Jubilee Ministries and the Servant Leadership School
- Faith & Politics Institute
- MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) Washington Office
- American Friends Service Committee
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
Ministry and Church Work
Interfaith and Intercultural Studies