Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir
The Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir, or SVCC, is a nationally acclaimed children’s choir program based in Harrisonburg, Virginia, at Eastern Mennonite University. For over 20 years, we have provided young people in the Shenandoah Valley who love song with quality performance, music education, touring and recording opportunities.
A new SVCC website is under construction! In the mean time, here are some of our upcoming events: Stay tuned for more information about this exciting semester!
- Prep, Treble, and Concert Choirs start September 14!
- PC, TC, CC retreat at Camp Horizons, September 19!
- Music Explorers classes start September 21! (still accepting registrations.)
- “Little Knight Music”, our new after-school satellite program for k-2nd graders at Spotswood Elementary School starts September 23!
- Our collaboration with Harrisonburg City Schools 3rd-6th grade boys will take place on November 3rd.
- Fall concert with Shenandoah Valley Youth Symphony will be on November 22.
- Christmas concert will take place December 6.
Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir presents special benefit concert to help Nepalese village rebuild after quakesJune 12th, 2015
Among the 8,800 people killed by the April 25 earthquake in Nepal was the father of ManKumari Ghale – a Harrisonburg resident and member of Harrisonburg Mennonite Church. ManKumari’s mother, grandmother and siblings, as well as her husband Dhanraj’s immediate family, lost their homes in the disaster. When their close friend Janet Hostetter, director of …More
Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir kicks off busy spring with concert, auditions and ‘fun’ new choirsApril 6th, 2015
The Shenandoah Valley Children’s Choir (SVCC) hosts their annual spring concert, a kick-off to a busy spring season of auditions and fundraising. SVCC also introduces unauditioned spring choirs for children and teens who love to sing and want to participate in a fun, friendly, and short-term introduction to the vocal arts. Spring concert and auditions …More