Welcome to Parkwoods!
Parkwood Apartments house juniors and seniors in apartment-style housing on campus.
Parkwood Apartments are available to fulltime juniors (56+SH) and seniors (90+SH) or those students age by 20+ September 1. A 2.0 cumulative GPA is required at the time of application, and the student must be in good standing with the Student Life office. At the time of application, any student whose disciplinary probationary status will continue into the housing year in question will not be considered. Parkwood Apartment contracts are for one full academic year (fall and spring). A maximum of four persons can live in an apartment.
- houses both women and men in apartments of 2-4 students each
- mixture of transfer and returning students
- Two bedrooms, living/dining area, kitchen, full bath
- built-in closets in each bedroom and living room
- carpeted rooms
- Air conditioned with controls in each apartment
- loft/bunk systems
- Laundry facilities within the building complex
- picnic tables and open “quad” area in between the buildings.
- deck space shared between each set of three units
- Approximately 768 square feet
Furnished apartments include:
- Living area: sofa/love seat, two side chairs, two end tables
- Kitchen/Dining area: double sink, refrigerator/freezer, oven/range, microwave, garbage disposal, table, four chairs
- Bedrooms: one desk, chair, and dresser per person, two single beds (bunkable/loftable),
Utilities: All utilities including electricity, university phone service, cable TV, ethernet and wireless internet, water, sewer and trash pick-up are included in the housing fee.
Types of apartments
Double-room and Single-room Apartments:
Apartments on the second and third floors of the buildings are designed for two to four students. Students may request their own room, but the apartment is still shared with one or two other students in the other bedroom. The student will pay a single-room fee per semester unless they are open to having a roommate assigned to their room. Students sharing a bedroom with a roommate will avoid paying the single-room fee.
Garden apartments are designed for two persons in single-rooms. They are basement units that share a similar layout with the upper-floor apartments, but they have lower ceilings and thicker exterior walls, making the apartment a little smaller overall. They include a love-seat in place of a sofa, and each bedroom includes only one dresser, desk, and desk chair, rather than 2 of each.
- Standard room size : 11′ × 13′ 1" (including closets)
- Standard apartment size : 32’ 8″ × 24′