Mt. Clinton Apartments
A housing opportunity for graduate students and seminary students
EMU is pleased to provide students with the opportunity to live in an apartment complex adjacent to campus. The one-building complex is located on Mt. Clinton Pike (see map), and includes seven two-bedroom apartments. Mt. Clinton Apartments offer housing for married and older single students in a community setting that is convenient to campus.
Residents of the EMU-owned Mount Clinton Apartments must be students at EMU, maintain a 2.0 GPA and have no major disciplinary incidents on their record. In the case of a married couple, one spouse must be a student. A maximum of four persons can live in an apartment. Graduate and seminary students are preferred.
Additionally, students must have met one of the following criteria:
- Earned at least 90 semester hours of credit by September 1 of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested. (i.e., senior status) AND be at least 21 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested.
- Be at least 24 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested, regardless of credit hours earned.
All residents must comply with the lifestyle standards of EMU — for example, no alcohol on campus property. (See the Community Lifestyle Commitment required of all EMU faculty, staff and students.)
- Immediate access to campus
- Two bedrooms, living/dining area, kitchen, full bath, extra shower (except Apt. A)
- Major kitchen appliances
- Air conditioning
- Laundry facilities within the building complex
- Approximately 850 square feet
Furnished apartments include:
- Living area: sofa, two chairs, two end tables
- Dining area: table, four chairs
- Bedrooms: one double or two single beds, two dressers
Note: A limited number of unfurnished apartments are available to seminary students. Contact manager of apartment rentals for more information.
Rent/Billing: A rental account is established for each individual in the apartment and the account is charged the following monthly amounts depending on the number of tenants and the duration of the lease.
- Two tenants
$450 (8-12 months), $485 (under 8 months)
- Three tenants
$300 (8-12 months), $323 (under 8 months)
- Four tenants
$225 (8-12 months), $242 (under 8 months)
Utilities: All utilities including electricity, university phone service, wireless internet water, sewer and trash pick-up are included in the rent. Tenant covers cable. Packages available through Comcast.
Deposit: Security deposit is $500. It includes:
- $250 to hold an apartment (non-refundable).
- $250 balance due when the lease is signed.
- $350 of the deposit is refundable at the end of the lease, provided the apartment was well-maintained and all agreements met.
For more information or to reserve an apartment, contact:
Director of Auxiliary Services
Phone: (540) 432-4662
Eastern Mennonite University
1200 Park Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Eastern Mennonite University admits students of any gender, race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, regardless of disability. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.