EMU offers a variety of academic programs with many possible majors and minors and 16 teacher licensures. To learn more review our admissions page or contact Esther Nafziger, admissions counselor for international students, with questions at 800-368-2665 or 540-432-4118 or .
- Intensive English Program
This on-campus pre-college study in English as a second language prepares international students for admission to college, career advancement and cross-cultural skills development. It’s often referred to as IEP around campus. To learn more, e-mail Virginia Showalter, IEP office coordinator, at
- Summer Peacebuilding Institute
This program of the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding offers academic or professional training in peace and social justice. Held annually May through June. To learn more, e-mail Valerie Helbert at .
EMU currently offers seven distinctive graduate programs. International students are welcome to contact the program of interest for more information on applying.
- Seminary: Eastern Mennonite Seminary equips men and women to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ, to lead the church in mission with passion and integrity. Several programs are available. To learn more, e-mail email@example.com
- MA in Conflict Transformation: This program focuses on peacebuilding, conflict transformation, restorative justice, trauma healing, development and related fields. To learn more, e-mail
- MA in Biomedicine: Using a faith-based approach, this program prepare students for entrance into medical, dental, and other health care related doctoral program.
- MA in Counseling: This program offers faith-based counseling training To learn more, e-mail Brenda Fairweather at
- MA in Education: Students choose from several curriculums: literacy agent, diverse needs strategist (TESL, at-risk populations, or special education emphasis), and curriculum & instruction practitioner (elementary, middle, or high school emphasis). To learn more, e-mail
- Masters in Business Administration: Designed for the working professional, EMU’s MBA program promotes ethics, stewardship, and peacebuilding. Students take core classes together one night a week. To learn more, e-mail Patty Eckard at
- MS in Nursing and Leadership: The framework for this program includes training in empowerment, reconciliation, partnership, presence, justice, service and advocacy. Several different options are available.