Office Phone: (540) 432-4257
Main Campus, Harrisonburg
Office Location: SB 135
Office Hours: 8:00-12:00
Don Yoder in the news:
“It is my privilege to listen carefully with people who are considering seminary studies. While each person’s journey is unique, a common thread winds its way through these stories: transition
For most of us, transitions are never easy. Nearly everyone entering seminary experiences life changes. EMS provides a healthy space for students to step out of the familiar and into God’s new realities.
Encouraging persons to respond faithfully to God’s call has been a lifetime call for me. It is fulfilling to be involved in the process of discernment for people exploring seminary training."
After 20 years of youth ministry in Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio, Don and his family spent four years in East Africa. He moved to Harrisonburg in 1994 from western Pennsylvania where he worked as program director for Laurelville Mennonite Church Center. He began as director of admissions at EMS in June of 1995. Don enjoys the rivers and streams of the Shenandoah Valley as well as working with wood and glass.
B.A., Goshen College
- Youth minister, Christian Education staff person, Ohio Mennonite Conference, 1973-85, 1990-92
- Service assignment with Eastern Mennonite Missions, Nairobi, Kenya, 1985-89
- Planning committee member for Ohio Conference Spiritual Formation School, 1990
- Member of Ohio Conference Mediation Committee, 1989-92
- Program Director, Laurelville Mennonite Church Center, 1992-94
- Interim pastor, Springdale Mennonite Church, Waynesboro, Va., 1994-1995
- Pastoral Team, Community Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg, Va., 1997-2001
- Coordinator for Mennonite Men, 2010-present