Office Phone: (540) 432-4334
Cell Phone: (540) 820-1145
Main Campus, Harrisonburg
Office Location: CC 202B
Ron Shultz is an instructor in Teacher Education and the coordinator for the PK-6 program. He earned a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts studies from Eastern Mennonite University with a PK-8 teaching certification, and a M.A. in Education from Millersville University. His previous teaching experiences include one year as a middle school teacher and five years as a fourth grade classroom teacher in Pennsylvania. Ron also taught fourth grade for two years in Virginia. He has served for six years as a teacher and administrator while helping to begin a Christian school in Cusco, Peru, working with students from preschool through sixth grade. Ron has been teaching in the Education Department at EMU since the fall of 2011. He also began his doctoral studies in 2012 at George Mason University with a focus on teacher education and multicultural/multilingual education.
M.Ed., Millersville University, 1998
B.S., Eastern Mennonite University, 1992
- Consultant and faculty resourcing for PROMESA Christian School, Cusco, Peru, July 11-24, 2014.
- Consultant and faculty resourcing for PROMESA Christian School, Cusco, Peru, June 11-20, 2012.
- Worship Team member at Harrisonburg Mennonite Church, September, 2011 – present.
- Presented Education in a Cross-Cultural Setting for pre-service missions training, VA Mennonite Missions, July 25, 2011.
- Consultant and faculty resourcing for PROMESA Christian School, Cusco, Peru, June 25 – July 7, 2011.
- Missionary with Eastern Mennonite Missions in Cusco, Peru, as educator and support to the local church leadership, 2004-2010.
- Youth Pastor at Powhatan Mennonite Church, Powhatan, VA, 1999-2003.
- The Virginia Chapter of the National Association for Multicultural Education (VANAME)
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE)
- Virginia Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (VACTE)
- ATE-VA Spring Conference, Sweet Briar College, March 27, 2014
- Response to Intervention Symposium, hosted by James Madison University, sponsored by the Virginia Dept. of Education, October 28, 2011.
- Symposium on Immigration and Education, hosted by James Madison University, organized by VANAME, October 14, 2011.
- VATESOL Annual Conference, Fredericksburg, VA, October 2, 2010.
- ED 231 Organizing for Learning (Fall, 2011)
- ED 232 Learning, Motivation and Assessment (Fall, 2011)
- ED 341 Language Arts (Fall, 2011)
- ED 331 Math in the Elementary Classroom (Spring, 2012)
- ED 332 Science in the Elementary Classroom (Spring, 2012)
- ED 321 Management and Organization in Early Education (Spring, 2012)
- ED 301 Needs of Diverse Learners (Spring, 2012)
- Instructor for the EMU Intensive English Program, teaching English as a second language to adult students, May-June, 2011.
- Committee on Teacher Education (COTE)
- Teacher Education Admissions Committee (TEAC)