Office Phone: (540) 432-4166
Main Campus, Harrisonburg
Office Location: CC 337
Kris joined the EMU nursing department in fall of 2013. She received her BSN from the University of Virginia in 1998. She worked at the UVA Teen Health Center for several years before returning to school in 2000. She then went on to Vanderbilt University to earn her MSN with a Family Nurse Practitioner focus. Kris has worked as a family nurse practitioner since 2001. She has practiced in several different family practices, as well as JMU student health. She continues to work at JMU student health on a part-time basis. At JMU, Kris had the opportunity to precept nurse practitioner students; she enjoyed this role so much she decided to pursue teaching on a more consistent basis. She is extremely happy to be part of the nursing department here at EMU.
Kris is married to Daniel, a middle school principal. They have three children—Hayden, Kate, and Clare.
- Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner from Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, Tennessee, August 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Virginia School of Nursing, Charlottesville, Virginia, May 1998
- Oxford University Keble College, A study in comparative health care, Oxford, England, August 1997
- Licensed Family Nurse Practitioner: Commonwealth of Virginia, 0024165022
- Licensed Register Nurse: Commonwealth of Virginia, 000159792
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner: The American Nurses Credentialing Center