Main Campus, Harrisonburg
Office Location: CC 331
Office Hours: Posted on door to office.
A new faculty member in 2008, Cynthia brings over 30 years of clinical experience to EMU. After graduating from Penn State in 1980, Cynthia has worked with a wide range of patients, infant through geriatric, in a variety of settings. Most recently, she has worked in a 50 bed regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Prior this experience, Cynthia worked for 10 years on Family BirthPlace at Rockingham Memorial Hospital in Harrisonburg, VA. Previous clinical practice includes Hemodialysis, Adult Critical Care, and Medical/Surgical Nursing. Upon graduating from James Madison University in May 2008 with an MSN in Nursing Education, Cynthia accepted a faculty position at EMU where she enjoys the personal relationships established within the Christian academic community.
MSN, Nursing Education James Madison University, 2008
BSN, Pennsylvania State University, 1980
“Vitamin D: Beyond Building Bones”
Podium Presentation Sigma Theta Tau Pi Mu Chapter Professional Day Harrisonburg, VA April 08
“Development of a Curriculum: Complementary Therapies in Nursing Practice” Poster Presentation Sigma Theta Tau Pi Mu Chapter Professional Day Harrisonburg, VA April 07
- Active member of local church serving in Food Pantry, teaching mid-week Bible and volunteering as church librarian. Currently enrolled in Bible Study and enjoys small group fellowship.
- Board Member Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Pi Mu Chapter 2009/2010
*Pi Mu EMU Faculty Eligibility Counselor
*March of Dimes local community representative
VA Registered Nurse – Multi-State Privilege No. 1103914
- AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- American Nurses Association
- Virginia Nurses Association
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
“Conflict Transformation” Summer Peacebuilding Institute EMU Harrisonburg, VA May 2010
“Professional Day” STTI Honor Society of Nursing Pi Mu James Madison University Harrisonburg, VA April 2010
“Gestational Diabetes” PESI Charlottesville, VA Oct 2009
ADCP RN-BSN Family Course