Traditional 2nd Degree Program
This four-semester program follows a traditional fall/spring semester schedule. Each applicant’s course record will be reviewed individually.
- 2.8 GPA or higher
- Anatomy/physiology I and II
- One chemistry course (inorganic, organic, or biochemistry)
- One psychology course
- One sociology course
- Beginning in spring 2015 microbiology and nutrition will be required
Social science courses (psychology/sociology) can be taken with the first semesters of nursing, load permitting.
Application deadline for fall semester is February 15 for submission of all application materials with final decision of admissions by March 30.
Application deadline for spring semester is June 15 for submission of all application materials with final decision of admissions by July 30.
A university application, clinical nursing application, and college transcript must be submitted by the deadline.
- University application:
a) graduates of EMU should complete the re-admit application
b) graduates of other colleges should complete the transfer application
- Nursing Application
Clinical nursing application
- Official college transcript
Additional EMU Requirements for graduation (for second degree students)
Previous learning is valued and recognized in applicants who have already earned a baccalaureate or higher degree prior to choosing nursing as a career. Based on this, fewer EMU core curriculum courses are required. Requirements include:
- Cross-cultural designate courses (may be transferred) (6 SH)
- An Anabaptist Biblical Perspectives (ABP) course (3 SH)
- A Senior Seminar course (2 SH)
Each applicant’s course record will be reviewed individually.