10 Second Movie Anlyses

“Her” is seriously one of the best movies I’ve ever seen. It’s the first movie I’ve ever fully cried in, as in tears rolling down my face crying. It was the most honest, insightful, layered film I think I’ve ever watched. It’s perfect. Flawless. I’m not over hyping. I’m not using a hyperbole. It is the best movie of the decade I’ve seen so far. Yes, better than “Scott Pilgrim,” “Drive,” “Tree of Life,” “Social Network,” “The Master,” and yes, it is THE best love story I’ve ever seen.

I wasn’t even aware I was watching a movie. It was more of an experience than a film. So yeah, it was pretty good, you guys should see it I guess.

Just watched “Black Swan” again and holy crap, if you do not think “Black Swan” is a masterpiece then why do you even just stop get out of my house we’re breaking up you’ll never see the kids again and you have to pay child support I don’t give a damn about the curtains just leave. It’s a very good film.

For the more cynical who don’t want sappy romance, “Blue Valentine” is a heart-wrenching masterpiece is about a married couple who are in a rut. As their marriage falls apart, we see their early years of falling in love. The juxtaposition is brutal; this movie sticks with you for a while.

“Punch Drunk Love” — Adam Sandler stars in PTA’s masterpiece about a psychologically troubled man with seven sisters who falls in love. This simple love story seems epic in scope due to the cinematography, soundtrack, and amazing performances by all the main actors, especially Sandler and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

According to “Wristcutters: A Love Story,” when you kill yourself, the afterlife is just like Earth, only a little bit worse. Zia kills himself after he gets dumped, but finds out his ex killed herself too. So he embarks on a road trip to find her. Very bizarre movie, with a surprisingly beautiful ending, this movie balances dark humor and romance perfectly.

“Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” — Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet star in this mind-bending film about two people who have their memories erased so they can fall out of love with each other. Dark, funny, and hauntingly beautiful, this movie packs a huge punch. It is easily one of the most intricate films on this list. Carrey gives one of the best performances of his career.

“Scott Pilgrim” is the classic “boy dates high schooler, boy meets girl his age, boy cheats on high schooler, girl his age is too cool for him, boy gets her anyways”. But it also has Michael Cera, video game aesthetics, tons of 90′s references, and a plot about fighting seven evil exes.

-Caleb Townsend, Contributing Writer