New Earthkeeper Efforts

mehma chuganiCould we stop and think for a moment about how different our lives would be if the showers in our dorms automatically turned off after five minutes? The thought of that is terrifying. I’m sure nobody saw this coming.

My first reaction was to spread the word and the first question anyone asked was, do the showers turn off after five minutes or it is a self-timer?

Often a sigh of relief followed the response that these were self timers. There were many reactions such as: really Earthkeepers, did you actually think people take five minute showers?When I saw the poster about loving camels and saving water, I thought to myself that this is ridiculous and nobody would use the shower timers. I can imagine many of us looking at the poster, pointing at it and laughing about how ridiculous it sounds.

Then again, It’s not as bad as it might sound. Contrary to my initial reaction to the shower timers, I actually find myself using them.

This is nothing to be ashamed about and I think it’s a great initiative by Earthkeepers!

For one, I’m thankful that the showers do not turn off automatically.

Secondly, I feel that I’ve started to value time more due to these shower timers.

We need more innovative ideas like these to help us realize that time is precious, and in this particular case, so is something many of us take for granted— water.

Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love camels and saving water?