They Came, They Saw, and They Conquered…A Third Time

Sophomore John David Satriale, Senior Lauren Dixon, and Junior Isaac King play a game of Cornhole as part of the ResLife Olympics. Park- woods, for the 3rd year running, claimed the victory. More on Page 5.

Sophomore John David Satriale, Senior Lauren Dixon, and Junior Isaac
King play a game of Cornhole as part of the ResLife Olympics.

Parkwoods continued their dominance in the Residence Life Olympics this past weekend, winning for the third year in a row.

The ResLife Olympics pits each of the dormitories against each other as they compete to see who will take home the gold.

The Olympics Opening Ceremony took place on Friday night with a passing of the torch and was led by EMU’s mascot, Herm.

Following the ceremony, the Olympics began. Friday night events included “extreme” musical chairs, dodgeball, and soccer.

Events continued on Saturday, with the eventual champion, Parkwoods, claiming the title.

“I’m really happy I participated in ResLife Olympics this year,” said Senior Lauren Dixon, a member of the Northlawn team, “I’m slightly disappointed we didn’t beat Parkwoods though.”

One of the most favored games was a game called Ninja, played on Friday night. Students from each team had a clothespin and the object was to run through campus to steal the pins from other teams. The team with the most clothespins became the winner.

“Ninja was my favorite game of the Olympics. I mean, who doesn’t love being chased full speed by strangers in the dark. It was probably the scariest and most fun thing I’ve done at EMU,” said First-year Amanda Olsen.

“From cornhole to the relay race and all the games in between, it was fun to just come together with people that I live with and compete. It was a great experience,” said Dixon.

-Adam Posey, Staff Writer; photo credit, Colt Duttweiler

Categories: Sports

Tags: ,