At Homecoming 2013, David Seitz led the Jubilee Alumni in familiar choruses of “The Holy City” by Alfred R. Gaul. The oratorio had a long history with Eastern Mennonite College (now University). The first campus performance was in 1922. The first annual rendition was in 1933, and the final performance was in 1970. The “Holy City” became an exciting event with many alumni returning to campus to listen or participate.
EMU alumni sing Gaul’s “The Holy City” oratorio
Posted on March 20, 2014
- In Honor of Loren and Pat Swartzendruber
- On the sidewalk at EMU: How is EMU transforming you?
- EMU Commencement 2016
- Suter West Campaign – Honoring the Swartzendrubers
- Jess Rheinheimer – 2016 CoSida Academic All-American of the year
- The Campaign for Suter West
- Eastern Mennonite University’s #GivingTuesday campaign, Dec. 1, 2015