Eastern Mennonite University took its trash fashion show on the road to Mennonite Youth Convention at Columbus, Ohio. It featured formal dresses made out of plastic grocery bags and old filmstrip, shirts made out of aluminum foil, shorts made out of playing cardsand this was just the tip of the iceberg. EMU students and select youth convention participants wowed audiences with the wide range of trash they were able to creatively shape into fashion while learning about consumerism and the lifecycle of material goods.
EMU Trash Fashion Show at Mennonite Youth Convention 2009
Posted on July 8, 2009
- Start Your Journey With Us
- Women’s Peacebuilding Leadership Program
- Using STAR training in the Dominican Republic
- How Lois Zook Arndt is using STAR training at home
- How do you plan to use Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR)?
- How the STAR training is being used to help children
- Nurturing Resilience for Sustained Peacebuilding – EMU
- 3P Human Security Alumni Cedarwood Cross-Cultural David Brubaker Homecoming Leymah Gbowee Lisa Schirch Loren Swartzendruber Men's Basketball Men's Soccer Mennonite Central Committee Middle East peacebuilding Residence Life Restorative Justice STAR Summer Peacebuilding Institute Sustainability Women's Basketball