Eastern Mennonite University took its trash fashion show on the road to Mennonite Youth Convention at Columbus, Ohio. It featured formal dresses made out of plastic grocery bags and old filmstrip, shirts made out of aluminum foil, shorts made out of playing cardsand this was just the tip of the iceberg. EMU students and select youth convention participants wowed audiences with the wide range of trash they were able to creatively shape into fashion while learning about consumerism and the lifecycle of material goods.
EMU Trash Fashion Show at Mennonite Youth Convention 2009
Posted on July 8, 2009
- “Will the Glorious Respect for the Country Doctor Continue into the Future?” with Linford Gehman
- Eastern Mennonite University Campus Tour
- Joy to the World – Eastern Mennonite style
- What Creates Change?
- “To Flourish: the Promise of Integrative Medicine” with David Mercier, October 3, 2014
- Summer Peacebuilding Institute at the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding
- Consultation, Conference and Writing at the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding