Eastern Mennonite University
Student Government Association
15th of February 2012
“A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.”
- Call to Order
II. Roll Call/Prayer
III. Approval of Minutes passed unanimously
a. SGA Dinner: Monday Feb 20th starting at 5:30. Meet in front of Commons at 5:15.
V. Committee Reporting
i. Res Life—Tyler emailed Eric and set up a time to meet with him next week. He will be talking to him specifically about senior housing—what Res Life is considering/ideas, etc, share thoughts and feedback that he has gotten from others with Eric.
ii. Sexuality Coffeehouse There are two dates set for student coffeehouses—March 1st and 19th. Brandon is going to talk to CA’s to ask them to start talking to their halls/encourage them to attend coffeehouse. Brandon is also going to talk to speech professors so they can tell their students to attend. The first faculty luncheon is being postponed to give us more time to send out the faculty survey (which should be sent out in the next day or so).
b. Cross Cultural- Laci Laci asked someone to take her place at the CC meeting on February 20th. Tyler volunteered.
c. Library Task Force- Carissa Members of this commitee want the library to be a more welcoming place for students. They broke down goals—what they want to do next year and then long-term goals. See Carissa if you want to know more info.
VI. Old Business
VII. New Business
a. Funding Request- TCK Club Senators generally responded very positively about this event/funding request. They expressed excitement about the nature of the forum. Becca moved that we approve the funding request for $75 for this event in Common Grounds. Motion passed unanimously.
VIII. Open Floor
- Amy reminded us that Career and Service Day is next Wednesday. She asked for one more volunteer for the 4-5 slot.
- Rebecca gave a budget update: we have less money than was originally estimated—we brought in about $4,000 less than what we expected. We currently have $3,100 for the rest of the semester. We still have money in the roll over fund as well.
- Brandon is starting to plan the faculty forum and he would love to have someone else help him. Bruce Emerson, from the caf, has already volunteered to be one of the people on the forum.
- Taylor and Jacob have been meeting with the Creation Care Council. They have picked out a date: Thurs 23rd, 4:00-5:30 in CG.
- The Book Store committee still needs a representative—they meet Mondays at 11:30 a.m.
- Erika and Hannah are looking into using the President’s Room for our meeting in two weeks.
IX. Adjournment Alli Eanes moved to adjourn. Becca seconded. Motion passed unanimously.