Take long-term repressive governments; mix in a populace frustrated by economic stagnation, a youth bulge, knowledge of nonviolent strategies, and access to the internet. Voila! You’ve got yourself a nonviolent democratic revolution. This oversimplified analysis of Tunisia and Egypt has been tempered by the events in Libya and Bahrain. Nevertheless, there is still a lot ...More
- Envisioning the Future
- Alumni-in-Action: Danny Malec
- STAR at the grassroots: local transformation, national impact
- Trauma-Sensitive Development and Humanitarian Aid
- All Are Staying in the Holy Land: On Moving From Victimhood to Mutual Dignity
Have a story to tell?Write for Peacebuilder Online!
- Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer David Brubaker Elaine Zook Barge Fulbright Scholar Harrisonburg Howard Zehr Jan Jenner John Paul Lederach Kenya Leymah Gbowee Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee PhD PhD candidate restorative justice Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute