Director of Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR) For the 20 years previous to coming to EMU, I worked with Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) in the U.S. and in Central America. From 1984-1998, I worked with MCC in El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatemala, all countries experiencing the trauma of war, poverty and violence. In ...More
- Trauma-Sensitive Development and Humanitarian Aid
- All Are Staying in the Holy Land: On Moving From Victimhood to Mutual Dignity
- A personal encounter with the legacy of slavery
- Why every community needs military alternatives programs
- PTSD: One trauma counselor’s personal experience
Have a story to tell?Write for Peacebuilder Online!
- Afghanistan Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer Fulbright Scholar Harrisonburg Howard Zehr John Paul Lederach Kenya Leymah Gbowee Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee Northern Ireland PhD PhD candidate restorative justice social media Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute