Nyambura is currently pursuing doctoral studies in political science at the University of Ottawa (Canada). Her research focus is peacebuilding in Kenya, though she remains keen on peace and conflict issues in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Most recently, she worked with the Nairobi office of the Institute for Security Studies as a researcher on peace and conflict in the Great Lakes region of Africa. It was a great experience that allowed her to publish research on her interests, ranging from environmental security, conflict minerals and particular peace and conflict situations in Kenya, DRC and Burundi (all available online).
- Alumni-in-Action: Danny Malec
- STAR at the grassroots: local transformation, national impact
- Trauma-Sensitive Development and Humanitarian Aid
- All Are Staying in the Holy Land: On Moving From Victimhood to Mutual Dignity
- A personal encounter with the legacy of slavery
- Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer Elaine Zook Barge Fulbright Scholar Harrisonburg Howard Zehr John Paul Lederach Kenya Leymah Gbowee Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee Northern Ireland PhD PhD candidate restorative justice Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute USAID