Moussa’s role in the Technical Secretariat is to provide strategic leadership to the fund so as to maximize impact. Based in Darfur, DCPSF is a UN funding mechanism that focuses on community peacebuilding in Darfur. It was created as a mechanism to promote community peace and mitigate conflict in Darfur while track one processes are going on. DCPSF Phase I funded 26 projects in the range of a total budget of USD 33M. Moussa’s group launched Phase II last Summer with a target of USD 40-50M during the period 2011-2015. The donor’s response was overwhelmingly positive. So far they have been able to mobilize USD 19M. The 26 projects funded are in all three Darfur States.
- Trauma-Sensitive Development and Humanitarian Aid
- All Are Staying in the Holy Land: On Moving From Victimhood to Mutual Dignity
- A personal encounter with the legacy of slavery
- Why every community needs military alternatives programs
- PTSD: One trauma counselor’s personal experience
Have a story to tell?Write for Peacebuilder Online!
- Babu Ayindo Barry Hart Brian Gumm Carl Stauffer Elaine Zook Barge Fulbright Scholar Harrisonburg Howard Zehr John Paul Lederach Kenya Leymah Gbowee Lisa Schirch Mennonite Central Committee Northern Ireland PhD PhD candidate restorative justice social media Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience Summer Peacebuilding Institute