“Bellaccord,” an all-male acapella ensemble of Eastern Mennonite University students, will present musical programs in six congregations in four states on a week-long tour.
The group will present a repertoire of love songs, religious selections and songs of peace and justice. They will perform oldies, barbershop style, pop tunes and more.
Composers/arrangers include Dick Sharon, Moses Hogan and group member Michael Swartzendruber.
They will conclude their trip by singing at the biennial conference of Mennonite Church USA to be held July 4-9 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, Pa.
The itinerary follows:
- June 26, 9 a.m., Chicago (Ill.) Community Mennonite Church;
- June 26, 7 p.m., First Mennonite Church of Iowa City, Iowa;
- June 30, 7 p.m., First Mennonite Church, Middlebury, Ind.;
- July 1, 7 p.m., Central Mennonite Church, Archbold, Ohio;
- July 3, 10:25 a.m., Chestnut Ridge Mennonite Church, Orrville, Ohio; and
- July 3, 7 p.m., Beaverdam Mennonite Church, Corry, Pa.
Along the way, the group will be doing manual labor and music with campers June 27 at Crooked Creek Christian Camp, Washington, Iowa, and June 28 at Menno Haven Camp & Retreat Center, Tiskilwa, Ill.
Bellacord members are: Michael Swartzendruber, Kalona, Iowa; Stephen Kniss, Chicago, Ill.; Andrew (Drew) Kirk, Harrisonburg; Dustin Good, Harrisonburg; Andrew Derstine, Souderton, Pa.; Steve Rittenhouse, Green Lane, Pa.; Braydon Hoover, Elizabethtown, Pa.; Matt Dean, Harrisonburg; Mike Bruner, Wauseon, Ohio; Benjamin Bergey, Perkasie, Pa; Michael Spory, Boswell, Pa.; and Wilson Roth, Lancaster, Pa.