CRNA…Another rung on the nursing ladder, with hospital job awaiting her in 2012*

August 9th, 2011 | 3 comments

Anne Parson

About her ADCP cohort, Anne Parson '09 says, "We all started together, stayed together, and supported each other."

The small class size, and the way the students in it looked out for each other during the 18-month nursing program, figure high on the list of reasons why Anne Parson ’09 enjoyed her experience in the RN to BS degree in nursing program at EMU’s Lancaster (Pa.) campus.

“I’m a small-group, ‘homey-feeling’ kind of girl,” said Parson. “We all started together, stayed together, and supported each other.”

Parson, a native of Lancaster County, worked full-time as an RN at Lancaster Regional Medical Center while she attended classes at EMU. Ever since she’d begun training as a nurse, Parson had been attracted to anesthesia. Because a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite for further training as an anesthetist, and because she needed to fit further education around her work and life responsibilities, the ADCP program through EMU was a natural choice.

While the writing component of the program stretched Parson “in a way that nursing hadn’t,” by the time she’d finished it, her desire to work in anesthesia had been confirmed.

Now enrolled full-time in a competitive Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist program at York College of Pennsylvania, Parson expects to graduate in May 2012. After that, she already has a job waiting at York Hospital.

In the midst of clinical rotations, life is busy these days, but any time she finds herself with a few spare minutes on the east side of town, Parson stops in to say hi to the ADCP instructors and staff who played important parts in the development of her career as a nurse.

* The website of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists – www.aana.com –details the high entrance requirements for admission to CRNA programs and states: “Reflecting the level of responsibility, CRNAs are one of the best paid nursing specialties. The reported average annual salary in 2005 was approximately $160,000.”

3 Responses to "CRNA…Another rung on the nursing ladder, with hospital job awaiting her in 2012*"

1. hello!,I really like your writing so so much! share we keep up a correspondence more about your article on AOL?
    I need a specialist on this space to solve my
    problem. Maybe that’s you! Having a look ahead to look you.

Check out my page; Damarion Stilphen

2. Paloma Proto says:

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that.
    And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Therefore let
    me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

Also visit my web-site; Paloma Proto

3. In this awesome scheme of things you’ll secure an A
    just for hard work. Where exactly you confused everybody ended
    up being on the details. As it is said, details make or break the argument..
    And that couldn’t be much more true at this point.
    Having said that, let me tell you just what did
    work. Your authoring is certainly rather engaging and this is most likely why I am taking the effort in order to opine.
    I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, while I can easily notice
    a jumps in reason you make, I am not necessarily confident of just
    how you appear to connect your points which produce the actual conclusion. For the moment I shall
    yield to your issue but wish in the near
    future you actually link your dots much better.

Also visit my webpage :: Jazmyn Stevens