Dietrich Bonhoeffer the Assassin? Challenging a Myth, Recovering Costly Grace

& Uncategorized.

Some of the readers of this blog will be aware that I have been working on a book on Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  I have been working on this subject off and on for over thirty years.  But I have been working on this project directly, off and on, since my last sabbatical, 2009-2010.  I am as excited about this project as any I have worked on.  As of this morning, August 13, 2012, I submitted the 400-page manuscript to Baker Academic.  Hopefully we will have a book within a year.  I say “we” because I have written this book with two former students, Anthony Siegrist and Daniel Umbel.  The title of the book, named in the caption here, signals the thrust of the book.

I am not going to say more about the book now.  I probably will later.  But for those who want a slight taste of the argument, I will give you a link to an oral lecture I gave in the spring of 2011.  (Feel free to leave comments about the oral lecture here.)

4 Responses to “Dietrich Bonhoeffer the Assassin? Challenging a Myth, Recovering Costly Grace”

1. LeVon Smoker

That’s great! Hopefully it won’t take too long to get to print.

2. Robert Martin

Looking forward to reading it as a foil to the popular Metaxas book. I remember you talking about this out in Pittsburg in 2011… Keep us posted!