Apply to the Masters in Nursing
Due to overwhelming interest in the EMU MSN Leadership and Management Program, we are no longer accepting applications. We will begin accepting applications for the fall 2015 class beginning February 1, 2015.
Applicants are accepted to the program on a rolling basis, with preference given to applicants who will study full time. The admissions committee meets quarterly to review complete applications. Applicants will be notified as committee decisions are made.
MSN School Nurse deadlines: March 1 for submission of all application materials, with final decision of admissions by March 15. The program begins with a mandatory on-campus orientation in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in early May, with classes starting in early June. In addition, students strongly encouraged to attend a day and a half on-campus orientation to the entire MSN program in Harrisonburg, Virginia in early August.
MSN Leadership and Management deadlines: June 1 for submission of all application materials, with final decision of admissions by June 15. The program begins with a 1 semester hour course in August including a mandatory day and a half orientation, in early August, at the Harrisonburg, Virginia campus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 2080 hours(equivalent to one year full-time) of work experience as a Registered Nurse
- At least a 3.0 grade point average
Additional Application requirements for MSN School Nurse and Leadership applicants
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania with 2000 hours of experience
- 3 credits of health assessment
- Proof of current:
• CPR certification
• Immunizations and tuberculin testing
- Documentation of current:
• ACT 151 criminal history check
• 114 FBI clearance, including fingerprinting
• ACT 34 child abuse clearance forms
- Visit Pennsylvania Department of Education website for details on school nurse certification
A completed application includes all of the following:
- EMU MS in Nursing Application submitted online
- Non-refundable application fee of $25 paid online
- Two reference forms – one from an employer and one academic – submitted online
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts should be sent to:
Eastern Mennonite University
Attn: MSN Program
1200 Park Rd.
Harrisonburg, VA. 22802