General Management MBA Program
The program (36 credit hours) takes two years, usually in 24 consecutive months, including a three credit hour capstone course in the final semester. The accelerated format assumes students spend more time on coursework out of class than in a traditional delivery format.
Students are expected to take the courses in the order outlined below. Any deviation from this schedule must be approved by the MBA program director.
NOTE: Course requirements and order may change as the program evolves. Students are accountable to the sequence of course work under the catalog in which they entered the program and as updated from time to time on the MBA website. Should program courses change and the student desire to replace an old requirement with a new one, he/she must petition the co-directors for the change to occur.
Prerequisites (12 SH)
Students are expected to complete the following prerequisites as a condition for admission to the EMU MBA program:
- Survey of Economics
- Statistics for Business
- Survey of Accounting
- Introduction to Finance
All prereqs offered in an online format in the fall, spring, and summer
MBA Program (36 SH)
- OLS 510 – Leadership and Management for the Common Good
- OLS 520 – Comparative Perspectives on Business and Society
- OLS 530 – Organizational Behavior
- OLS 610 – Strategic Marketing Management
- OLS 550 – Technology, Information and Data Analysis
- MBA 660 – Stewardship, Innovation, and Social Entrepreneurship
- OLS 540 – Managerial Accounting and Finance I
- MBA 555 – Legal Aspects of Human Resources or ELECTIVE
- MBA 630 – Managerial Economics
- MBA 640 – Managerial Finance and Accounting II
- MBA 650 – Sustainable Organizations for the Common Good
- ELECTIVE – chosen in consultation with the MBA director (3 SH)