Academic Year Tuition
- Full-time students enroll with 9-15 hrs/semester of course work during fall and spring semesters.
- Tuition is $16,800/yr or $8,400/semester for full-time students (at least 9 credits), plus activity fees.
- Books, supplies, and lab fees are not covered by the tuition fees.
- Academic overloads (greater than 15 SH) add $640/SH to full-time rate.
- Following acceptance, due to limited number of spaces, a $300 deposit (applied to tuition) ensures a place in the program.
Here is a a breakdown of the estimated cost for one full year of study.
For more information, contact the Business Office.
Financial aid, teaching assistantships, and program scholarships
The admissions committee will oversee the allocation of available financial aid in the form of teaching assistantships. These awards will be handled by the university Financial Assistance Office and constitute part of the students financial aid package. Typical teaching assistantship awards are between $1000 – $2,000 per semester, and expectant work load hours will be about 8 – 10 hours per week. Teaching assistants are not permitted to carry academic loads greater than 12 hours per semester. Download teaching assistant application.
Limited program scholarships are available. Download scholarship application.
For additional information, contact the Financial Assistance Office
The US Federal Direct Student Loan Program allows a graduate student to borrow $20,500 per award year with 6.8% interest. In addition, the Federal Plus Loan Program (credit-based) allows additional federal borrowing to cover tuition and cost of living. International students with US Permanent Resident cards are eligible for the Direct Loan Programs.
Summer or part-time tuition
Summer tuition $640 per hour and typically involves 3-7 semester hours. The part-time student tuition rate during the academic year(less than 9 SH/semester) is $850/SH.
Tuition discount for educators
Graduate students who are certified as current teaching educators may enroll as part-time students and upon application may receive a 25% tuition discount.