Board of Trustees
EMU’s leadership is accountable to EMU’s Board of Trustees.
EMU’s coordinator for matters related to nondiscrimination policies is the university provost, Fred Kniss, available at 540-432-4105.
- Vice President and Undergraduate Academic Dean Dr. Deirdre Smelzter
- Vice President and Graduate Dean Dr. Jim Smucker
- Seminary Vice President and Dean Michael A. King
- Assistant Undergraduate Dean Amy Springer
- Academic Department Chairs
Eastern Mennonite University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Eastern Mennonite University.
The university is certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.