Listening Comprehension Practice
- Spanish Proficiency Exercises: A compilation of brief video clips in which native speakers of Spanish from various locations throughout Latin America and Spain demonstrate various language tasks.
- Spanish Readers: A collection of many cultural and historic readings with audio. Read and listen to help your Spanish listening skills.
- Educatube: A collection of educational videos in Spanish covering areas such as science, social sciences, health, the arts, language, and education.
- Learn 20,000 Spanish words quickly: This is a guide that will show you some tricks on how to improve your vocabulary by 20,000 words in about an hour.
- The 100 most used words in Spanish: If you know this list you will know about 50% of all words used in a normal Spanish conversation. You can listen to the word, see it translated in other languages, and listen to a sentence that uses the word.
- Verbs and Prepositions
- El Subjuntivo: This is a website that will show you everything you need to know about the subjunctive and will explain when to use it as well as give you all the conjugations.
- Spanish Grammar Guide: This is a summary online booklet of all you need to know about Spanish Grammar.
- Spanish Conjugator: Learn everything you need to know about Spanish verbs and conjugate any verb you want. Over 2,500 individuals are using it daily.
- The 100 most used verbs in Spanish: You may click on any of the 100 verbs and see the complete conjugation. You can now listen to each verb by itself and in a sentence to help you learn the verb within context as you see the picture.
- Spanish Forum: Ask and answer any questions you might have related to the Spanish Language and have it answered by another student or a Spanish teacher.
- Spanish Language and Culture: Dedicated to teaching vocabulary and culture. There are many exercises, songs, and videos for the intermediate to advanced language learner.
News, Culture, and Travel
- The latest News in Spanish: Read the latest news from around the world, Latin America, Mexico, and the US… all in Spanish (it is updated every 5 minutes).
- A Complete Guide for Living in Mexico: This is a great guide for individuals that already live in Mexico or are thinking about moving to Mexico.
- RTVE: Spanish public radio and television service.
Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
- Practicing Spanish for Medical Professionals: This site is presented as a free medical Spanish immersion, with vocabulary including greetings, history, examination, and everyday speech, all with translation and audio. It is designed to be helpful for a variety of medical personnel to improve fluency and cultural competency.
Poetry and Literature
- Palabra virtual and A media voz: Excellent selection of Hispanic poetry. In many cases, you can also listen to poets recite their own work.
- Cervantes Virtual: Online library of classic Hispanic texts available for free.