EMU’s local impact
In the Shenandoah Valley and throughout the state…
More than 85 Valley businesses financially support students to complete degrees at EMU.
Area businesses have benefited for the past 16 years by supporting employees who study in EMU’s Adult Degree Completion Program (ADCP) and are equipped with communication, team-work and leadership skills.
EMU’s undergrad business, MBA, and ADCP programs provide local companies with employees grounded in strong business and ethical practice skill-sets that contribute to increased company profitability, making a difference for many in our community.
EMU has prepared some of the area’s best doctors and healthcare workers, leaders in conflict transformation, educators, business leaders, social service/community leaders and pastors.
Harrisonburg-Rockingham Business & Professional Club
EMU sincerely appreciates the mutually beneficial partnership that results when individuals and organizations join the Business and Professional Club. With this support, EMU is able to fulfill its mission, preparing graduates to serve and lead with distinction in our local community and around the world. In turn, area professionals and businesses benefit from a healthy EMU campus as students, faculty, staff, and alumni purchase products and services, work and volunteer in our local community.
Opportunities for B&P Club members:
- Enjoy networking with community and business leaders, business faculty, and EMU administration.
- Meet prospective employees by offering student internships and supporting student research.
- Increase exposure for your business website by having your business listed on EMU’s B&P web page.
- Increase your business exposure through EMU’s annual recognition of your business in local media.
- Gain exposure and teach future leaders by serving as a guest speaker in EMU classes.
- Gain satisfaction by supporting a university that trains leaders to serve ethically and with competence in our community
- A&E Automotive
- A M Yoder & Co.
- BB&T Bank
- Beck Builders of Virginia
- Blauch Brothers, Inc.
- Blue Ridge Architects PC
- Campbell Insurance
- Clark & Bradshaw PC
- Don Largent Roofing, Inc.
- Dynamic Aviation Inc.
- Frazier Quarry Inc.
- Good Printers
- Gravity Group
- Green Solutions Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- Harman Construction Inc.
- Holtzman Corporation
- Houff Foundation
- Integrity Audio Systems, Inc.
- InterChange Group Inc.
- Kline May Realty
- Kreider Machine Shop
- Kyger Funeral Homes
- LD&B Insurance Agency
- Martin, Beachy & Arehart PLLC
- McClung Companies
- PBGH LLP
- Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company
- R S Monger & Sons Inc.
- Rockingham Cooperative Farm Bureau, Inc.
- Secure Futures
- Select Aerospace Industries
- Suter Engineering PC
- Truck Enterprises Inc.
- Trumbo Electric Inc.
- Welby Showalter, Attorney at Law
- Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver
Join the club
To become a member of the Business & Professional Club, each organization contributes $1,000 or more annually to the University Fund. These funds support the central mission of EMU to serve students, the community of learning, the community of faith and the world. Become a member by contributing to EMU
Contact Susan Landes Beck, Associate Director of Development at 540-432-4069 or