Meal Plan Options
All students living in the traditional residence halls will have continuous meal service in the dining hall. A variety of menu options is available throughout each day.
When are we open during the school year?
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
10:30 to 1 p.m. (brunch)
5 to 6 p.m. (supper)
8:15 to 9 a.m. (breakfast)
11:30 to 1 p.m. (lunch)
5 to 6 p.m. (supper)
Juniors living in Hillside Suites and Parkwood Apartments are required to purchase a meal plan.They may choose the continuous meal plan or the 60-block plan, which allows for 60 meals throughout the course of each semester as well as credit toward the Royal’s Den.
Seniors residing in Hillside Suites and Parkwood Apartments may choose the continuous meal plan, the 60-block plan or they may opt for no meal plan at all. In order to be eligible for the “no meal plan” option, a student must be a Senior by September 1 of the given academic year.
Transfer meal option
This will allow all meal plan participants to take up to 15 meals in the Royals’ Den per semester for a change of pace. This option is available Monday through Friday from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. and from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Lion Share accounts
Lion Share accounts are declining balance accounts. They are available for the convenience of the commuting students, faculty, staff or resident students and allow meal purchases in the Royals’ Den OR Dining Hall. Balances carry over each semester until no longer enrolled at/employed at EMU.
- These accounts may be purchased in the dining hall between 7am-7pm (M-F.)
- You tell us how much money you want to put on your account.
- The business office will charge this to your EMU account.
- We put a Lion Share sticker number on the back of your current EMU ID and you use this when making your purchase.
- Unused balances will carry through the semesters as long as you are enrolled at EMU.
- There are no refunds of money remaining on Lion Share accounts when you leave EMU.
With the Lion Share Card, the more you buy, the more you save and you never have to wonder if you have the cash to purchase a meal or a cup of coffee. Payment Options at Pioneer College Caterers