STAR Practitioner Admission Criteria
- Completion of Level I and II trainings
- Training or teaching experience
- An academic background in a STAR related discipline or relevant qualifying experience
- Recommendation of Level I and II trainers
- Recommendation from a professional colleague
- CV or resume
- Make a presentation at a Level II training (or submit a video of a presentation of STAR concepts to a live audience)
- Pass the STAR Exam on STAR content and readings
- Payment of application fee of $249
Equips participants to:
- Provide presentations and workshops of up to two days based on the STAR content
Support and benefits from STAR/EMU include:
- An research-supported curriculum developed over a 12 year period
- Provided with a set of 20-25 PowerPoint Slides, including Village STAR and the 3-Part Snail Model
- Annual teleseminar/webinar with other STAR Practitioners
- Access to the Learning Community, a Moodle web forum that provides notification of STAR content updates and new materials, STAR E-zines for your mailing list, and the STAR postcard
- Annual 20-minute personalized mentoring/coaching call with STAR EMU staff (additional time available for purchase—-$50 for 20 min; $100 for 40 min, $120 for 1 hour).
Fee for Practitioner Status:
- $249 initial fee (Includes processing and exam fee, first year’s annual fee of $100, and the support and benefits listed above)
- $100 annual fee in subsequent years
Application and Checklist
Please complete the application and return it to .
In addition, please download the STAR Practitioner checklist to aid you in your certification process and the reference form that will need to be returned to the STAR office.