Welcome to EMU’s Career Services! We’re here to help you with your career journey throughout your time at EMU and beyond. Enjoy full use of these online resources and if you’d like to meet in person.
Wondering where to start? Take a look at and follow it closely so that you’re well prepared by the time you graduate.
- – start with the Quick Profile and continue for more in-depth assessments that will be used later in your career planning process.
- Career Counseling – after completing your Quick Profile, with Sarah Defnall, Resident in Counseling, for Career Counseling.
- – check out the Career & Major Exploration board
Résumés and Cover Letters
- for creating your résumés & cover letters via CareerBeam where you can use your assessment results, find loads of tips, view samples, and save for employers to find YOU!
- – great resource for tips on résumés, cover letters, thank you letters, interview preparation, etc.
- – employers are posting opportunities specifically for EMU students and graduates
- – connect directly with recruiters and learn about opportunities
- – the Help Wanted section has odds and ends opportunities primarily in the Harrisonburg area
- – a great place to target the inside job market – find organizations of interest in the member directories and use your network to for introductions and creating opportunities
- – check out the Job Search and Job Fields boards
- – use your webcam to record your practice interview and get feedback from Career Services
- – check out the board related to Interview Attire and Preparation
- – check out the boards related to Grad School and Grad School Entrance Exams