Résumés and Cover Letters
1. Log in to
2. Getting the Job tab, click Résumés
3. View EMU Sample Résumé – you can open Word version and enter your info right in
4. Résumé library and résumé builders also available
5. Stop by Quick Questions on Wednesdays for feedback (or for ideas on getting started): 11:30am-1:00pm in the Snack Shop.
6. Schedule appointment with Kimberly for final review (upload draft to CareerBeam as private until reviewed)
7. *Upload completed résumé to CareerBeam under Account Tab, My Documents, Upload Résumé and make it public (employers recruiting via résumés here!)
8. Create a complete LinkedIn profile (see for suggestions) and join (connect directly with employers and learn about opportunities).
*If you are in the market for an internship or employment, be sure to make your résumé public and fully complete your user profile in CareerBeam.
1. Log in to
2. Getting the Job tab, click Cover Letter
3. View EMU Sample Cover Letter – you can open and enter your info right in
4. Stop by Quick Questions on Wednesdays for feedback (or for ideas on getting started): 11:30am-1:00pm in the Snack Shop.
5. Schedule appointment with Kimberly (and E-mail or bring electronic copy) for final review