Admissions Timeline for Future First-Year Students
Here’s a timeline for your junior and senior years of high school:
Junior year (January – May)
- Discuss SAT and ACT tests and timing with you guidance counselor.
- Recruit friends to join you for a campus visit to EMU.
- Take SAT/ACT and send scores to EMU.
- Which college will meet your needs? Friendly? Fun? Challenging?
Summer before senior year
- Talk with relatives and church friends about colleges.
- Visit EMU on your way home from vacation!
- Save money for college.
- Get prepared for your future with a summer job or internship.
Fall of senior year
- Apply to EMU if you have not already.
- Have your guidance counselor send your high school transcripts to EMU.
- Find out who your EMU admissions counselor is.
- Re-take SAT/ACT to improve scholarship opportunities.
- Explore EMU during an overnight stay.
- Learn about EMU scholarships and financial aid.
Winter of senior year
- Brainstorm potential majors and cross-cultural destinations.
- Selected students are invited to apply to the EMU honors program.
- Explore scholarship opportunities with guidance counselors, parents, church, and local clubs and organizations.
- Work with your parents or guardians to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).