Your 2015-16 ACRS program planning committee anticipates another year of programs that will continue to stimulate and inform. Our goal is to present:
- A series of stories on pivotal experiences which altered directions or generated significant change in the Mennonite Church.
- Each story is told from the perspective of an individual whose vision and creativity provide a context for reflection.
When and where
ACRS breakfast regular gatherings occur the second Monday of each month from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. in the West Dining Room, Northlawn, EMU. Below are the upcoming dates for the 2015-16 academic year:
2015 – 2016 Fall, Winter and Spring Schedule
- , Speaker Dr Ken J. Nafziger, Professor of Music: Ken will be looking at how our hymns influence and reflect our changing theology.
- , Round Table Speakers: Dr Shirley Showalter, Past President, Goshen College; Dr Lee Snyder, Past President, Bluffton University & former Dean at EMU; & Dr Loren Swartzendruber, Current EMU President:, They will reflect from their current and recent visions on the theme, “”
Shirley Showalter Lee Snyder
- , Speaker Dr Jim Smucker, Vice President and Dean Eastern Mennonite University School of Graduate and Professional Studies:
- January 11, 2016
- February 8, 2016
- March 14, 2016
- April 11, 2016
- May 9, 2016 – Annual Meeting
As resource persons are confirmed, their names and summary of their theme will be posted.
Past Events in 2015-2016 you may have missed
- , Speaker Dr. Ervie Glick, Professor Emeritus of German & English:
Ervie titled his talk:
Ervie reflected on his own pivotal experiences in PAX, a program which altered directions and/or generated significant change in the Mennonite Church. Dr. Ervie Glick’s interest in German blossomed during his Post-War Service in Europe with the PAX Program of Mennonite Central Committee. Ervie talked about growing up in North Dakota, the influences of his family, his education, serving in PAX, and how his life was deeply influenced by church, family, travel, language, education and the many persons who touch his life.
About the monthly breakfast planning committee
2015-16 ACRS program planning committee members are Margaret Foth, Vernon Jantzi and Terry Burkhalter. As we look toward the fall and winter programs (2015-2016), suggestions are always welcome and if you are aware of persons who should be invited and included on the ACRS email list, please forward that information to: firstname.lastname@example.org