Your 2014-15 ACRS program planning committee anticipates another year of programs that will continue to stimulate and inform. Our goal is to present:
- A series of stories on pivotal experiences which altered directions or generated significant change in the Mennonite Church.
- Each story is told from the perspective of an individual whose vision and creativity provide a context for reflection.
When and where
ACRS breakfast gatherings occur the second Monday of each month from 7:30 – 8:45 a.m. in the West Dining Room, Northlawn, EMU. Here are the upcoming dates for the 2014-15 academic year:
November 10, 2014
Speakers, Becca Jo Longenecker, Erin Nafziger & Becca Martin. Becca and Becca Jo are this school year’s Student Government Association (SGA) Co-Presidents.
ACRS is in store for a great program to hear from EMU student leaders and to enter into a dialogue regarding their vision and role as leaders of SGA. Their task is clear and purposeful. The purpose of the Student Government Association, as stated in their constitution, is:
- To develop responsible student leadership.
- To acknowledge the opportunity and obligation of students to participate in addressing student and institutional concerns.
- To sponsor beneficial student activities and organizations.
- To stimulate communication and cooperation among students, faculty and administration.
- To encourage accountability to the policies and the Anabaptist values fundamental to the University.
- To foster community and strive to make improvements in all areas of University life.
(More details and pictures will be posted soon.)
since the EMU West Dining Room is also being used as a classroom this semester, the ACRS Breakfast will begin promptly at 7:30 AM and will dismiss at 8:45.
December 8 – Speaker, Lisa Schirch,
“Navigating the Path to Peace in the Pentagon”
January 12 – Speaker, Evan Knappenberger,
“Twistifyin’ and Testifyin’: Newfangled Mennonite Conflict”
February 9 – Speakers, Pat Hostetter Martin & Roy Hange
March 9 – Speaker, Nancy Heisey
April 13 – Speaker, Vernon Jantzi
Check the web calendar for more info on speakers and ACRS events.
About the planning committee
2014-15 ACRS program planning committee members are Margaret Foth, Vernon Jantzi and Terry Burkhalter. Suggestions are always welcome and if you are aware of persons who should be invited and included on the ACRS email list, please forward that information to: email@example.com