Writing Program Tutors for Undergraduate Students
– I am a senior nursing student. I am here to provide support for nursing students who need help with writing specific to the nursing courses, as well as general nursing classes. I began tutoring last spring and enjoy the opportunity to work through problems and collaborate with students. I participate with the Earthkeepers and SFI clubs on campus most closely and have been working at starting our campus beekeeping project. When I am not reading those thick nursing books, I enjoy bike riding, letter writing, chatting (and/or crafting) with friends over tea and going for long walks or runs. I daydream about traveling and wonder where my next adventure might take me, but until then I plan on fully enjoying my final year in this beautiful community they call EMU.
– Hi! I am a sophomore History/Social Sciences and Secondary Education major with a Pre-Law and Honors minor. I worked as a content tutor last semester, but will be tutoring writing this year as well. I’m excited to continue working at the Academic Support Center this semester! Read my philosophy of tutoring!
– I recently graduated from EMU with an undergraduate degree in Psychology and History, with a Math minor. I enjoyed working as a tutor during undergrad, and I’m excited to continue in this role as I focus on writing for Psychology students. My office is located in the Psychology department, SC 19B.
– Hi! I am a junior English major from Hopedale, IL, and I transferred to EMU this semester from Hesston College. I tutored writing there, and I look forward to assisting students here too!
– I am from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I’m in my second year at EMU and am studying in the Peacebuilding and Development program. I have a huge interest in people and social justice, am constantly feeling wanderlust, and am enthralled by the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley we are so lucky to be living in. To me, words are powerful, and I am always wishing that I would practice my writing more – so, I am grateful to be able to tutor, learn, and write with my peers! I am really hoping that I can be a helpful resource and am excited to learn from my peers through this process!
– Hi! I am a second-year History major from Lancaster, PA. I’ve worked as a tutor before, but this will be my first semester working as a writing tutor. Writing is something I’ve always enjoyed, and I look forward to helping out anyone who is interested!
– Hi! My major is history and my two minors are pre-law and Spanish. Spring 2013 is my second semester at EMU and my first semester tutoring writing. I’m excited to help make writing an enjoyable process! Read my philosophy of tutoring!
– This is my third year tutoring. I’m a double math and psych major from Lancaster, PA. I chose to tutor writing because I have always felt that writing is one of my strong points, and I enjoy helping others write successful papers and become better writers. I will tutor spring semester 2013.
– I am a senior majoring in English and Writing Studies with a minor in Psychology. This will be my first semester as a writing tutor and a psych tutor. I hope to help all those that ask to the utmost of my capabilities. Read my philosophy of tutoring!